Membership of the Asia & the Pacific Policy Society is free and brings significant benefits. In joining the Society, you will become part of the first international association to link people working across academic disciplines in the region.
Membership makes you part of a growing group of scholars, policymakers and practitioners.
To join, read over the guidelines below and fill out the form.
Benefits of membership
- Priority invitation and special rates to Society-run events;
- Priority invitation and special rates to Crawford School-run events;
- Exclusive access to the Society’s network of policymakers and researchers;
- Early access to the Policy Forum Pod podcast series.
- Special offers through our weekly newsletter.
- All members of the Society are subject to the obligations and duties applicable to membership of the Society. See the Society Governance page for more information.
- The rights and privileges of a member of the Society are not transferable to any other person.
- The grades of membership of the Society consist of: Fellows and Members.
- Other grades of membership as are determined from time-to-time by the Society Committee.
- Any eligible person will become a member of the Society on signing their name to the official membership list of the Society.
- There is no joining fee charged for any category of membership of the Society.
To qualify for nomination to the Society as a Fellow, a person must have made:
- An exemplary and distinguished contribution to the advancement of policy research in Australia, Asia and the Pacific;
- An extraordinary contribution to the advancement of the Society.
Note: You can only be nominated to be a Society Fellow.
Standard Society membership is open to all - and it’s totally free to join.